Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Music Marketing Blog Post #2


     Now that the project is finished and submitted, I can look back and really analyze and reflect back on how the whole process went. I was absent the first day of the project so I did not know who would be in my group so that was delightful, I would then meet my teammates the class after that one and it would be the first time that I would work together with nay of them so I was looking forward to that. They had already somewhat started the brainstorming without me; so no complaints. I would then pitch in a little with my ideas until we all came to a plan that we agreed on. We started to work on our storyboard as that would serve as the base for the whole project. 

   
 
    The research was fun for me as I researched one of, if not, my favorite artist, Mac Miller. It took me a bit to finish and find the information but I was very satisfied with how my research had come out. I also researched Silk Sonic which is another group I am interested in. Prodigy also did her part of the research and honestly it was superior to mine, I thought it was a lot better for information that we could apply onto our essays, projects, etc. 

    For our production, we wanted to pick a setting that was forest like. Unfortunately we live in Weston, Florida so we had to settle for some bushes and trees next to a main road in the city. Our schedules didn't mix well together so we decided to get all of the filming done in one day so we did. It was pretty fun to be honest and we were all helping each other and giving our opinions in order to get the results we were looking for. One of Mariana's friends, Ana Sofia, said she'd help us out by being our "star" and our bands face. 

    Shanttal had pointed out that she wanted to be the editor for the video so we granted her wish. Once we had finished all of the production we sent her everything she needed and she started working on how we all visualized this video to be like on the first and second day. The video ended up coming out great, at least in my humble opinion it did. We had visual effects integrated and the overall feeling of the video reflected what we wanted to portray. 

    I can't speak for my teammates but I was overall very satisfied with how the video came out. I also felt that it helped me develop teamwork, this will help me on my Cambridge portfolio as we are working in groups and the ability to be able to work together is crucial. I also learned with first hand experience how to invoke feelings through something like a music video which is definitely
 something I could apply in my portfolio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

IRON PUNCH

 This is the moment we all have been waiting for!! Here the link to the YouTube posting of Iron Punch!! Hope you enjoy! https://www.youtube....